Manager, Manufacturing Production - CanadaToronto, ON
A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Job Description / Qualifications
Responsible for the supervision, coordination and management of resources to meet production targets and quality standards. Trains staff in production methods, safety, policies and procedures. Ensures the ongoing success of the plant floor through the effective management of targets, goals, and production efficiencies.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Plans, controls and manages the operations activities of the production floor to meet customer requirements, recommends measures to resolve and improve productivity and product quality. Coordinates activities with other functional departments (e.g., Engineering, Maintenance, Planning, etc.)
• Oversees daily production meetings with all team leaders and covers subjects such as: Health & Safety, Lean Manufacturing, 5S methodology, Productivity, Quality, Absenteeism, and Productivity improvement suggestions. Reviews daily productivity performance with each team leader.
• Establishes methods to meet work schedules, coordinates work activities with other units, ensures production stays on schedule and within budget. Provides information to production planning to ensure that production objectives are met.
• Prepares and analyzes production data daily per shift, reports to Management and performs Root Cause Analysis to address production gaps.
• Manages the process of hiring, terminations, discipline and promotions, and collaborates with management and Human Resources Partners.
• Maintains proper housekeeping, recognizes and amends unsafe work conditions and conducts safety talks.
• Leads and promotes lean manufacturing through the organization. Ensures the plant is clean and well organized.
• Identifies and corrects potential work problems including health and safety issues.
• Prepares a range of reports and budgets.
Nature and Scope
Solutions require analysis and investigation.
Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about. Occasionally there may be a requirement to stoop or lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications / Job Specific Details
• Five years relevant experience in metal manufacturing
• Five years managerial experience
• Experience with tooling, forming, welding, and stamping
• Work center loading and man-power requirement
• Comprehension of manufacturing prints and shop drawings
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S
• Knowledge and Implementation of TWI
• Excellent leadership, team building and communication skills
If you’re looking to play a role in building Canada, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area Field Operations
Recruiter Williams, Victoria
Req ID WCJR-010696