Inside Sales RepresentativeCambridge, ON
A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Job Description / Qualifications
Responsible for facilitating the sales process to generate new sales opportunities or upsell via phone, email, or other electronic communication. Oversee responses to customer order and quotation requests for all levels of accounts received via outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, and written and faxed correspondence. Provides customer service for product information, order entry and follow-up support in support of sales, gross margin and corporate service goals.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Provides superior day-to-day customer service by assisting customers in determining product needs and providing logistics support for product needs ensuring compliance with all established company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Inputs sales orders into the computer system in an accurate and timely manner.
• Provide customer requested information in a timely manner.
• Continuously improve sales and product knowledge by active involvement in both inside and outside training.
• Develops code directives for certain products while maintaining target margin goals. Generates profitable growth through quota attainment.
• Performs estimating, take-off, and proposal duties as necessary.
• Prospects for new sales opportunities via outbound calling and emailing.
• Provides product pricing by consulting the pricing matrix and other resources to determine the appropriate price ensuring compliance with company guidelines and procedures.
• Facilitates the sales process through project management, tracking open sales orders, issue resolution, and overall customer service and support.
Nature and Scope
Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications / Job Specific Details
• 1 to 5 years sales experience.
• Experience with inventory sales preferred.
• Bachelor or Associate’s degree preferred
If you’re looking to play a role in building Canada, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area Sales
Recruiter Moore-Bellerande, Jefferson
Req ID WCJR-011021